Extend Work Permit


Extend Work Permit

Holders of a temporary resident status, like work permit , are subject to various conditions.

Temporary residents who are already in Canada have the following options:

  • extend their stay as a worker;

  • change conditions of their stay as a worker;

  • change their class to include permission to work; or

  • correct problems in their status.

According to the regulations, a work permit must be applied for prior to coming to Canada. Only in a few special circumstances an initial work permit be applied for within Canada:

  • you presently hold a valid study or work permit;

  • you are the spouse of a study or work permit holder;

  • you were previously authorized to work without a permit;

  • you presently hold a valid Temporary Resident Permit;

  • you are a refugee claimant or an applicant for permanent residence in Canada under section 207 of the IRPR, or

  • you are a trader or investor, intra-company transferee or professional under NAFTA.

In order to be eligible for a bridging open work permit, some of the requirements are:

  • They have applied for permanent residence

  • Their current work permit expires in 4 months or less

  • They have valid status on your work permit

  • They are currently in Canada

Please Contact us for more information.

Contact form

Please message us if you have any questions. Looking forward to speaking with you.

Have any questions?

Find out your immigration options

Book an Appointment

KPIS Immigration Services

Related Services