Labour Market Impact Assessment

A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada may need to get before hiring a foreign worker. ​Employers of some types of temporary workers need to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) before the worker applies for a work permit. An LMIA is a document from Employment and […]

Post-Graduation Work Permit

Post-Graduation Work Permit Post-graduation work permit is a document that allows international students who graduate from designated learning institutions (DLI) to temporarily work in Canada. The duration of Post-graduation work permit varies depends of the duration of the studies and it can be from eight months to three  years. Not every program in designated learning […]

Extend Work Permit

Holders of a temporary resident status, like work permit , are subject to various conditions. Temporary residents who are already in Canada have the following options: extend their stay as a worker; change conditions of their stay as a worker; change their class to include permission to work; or correct problems in their status. ​ […]

Get a Work Permit

You usually need a work permit to work in Canada. In some cases, you can work without a permit. ​ An individual can apply for a work permit from inside of Canada, outside of Canada or at the P.O.E., depends on their country of citizenship. The main requirements to qualify for a work permit are: […]